About Me

Tollesbury, Essex, United Kingdom
I was born in the Summer of 1969 in Dagenham, just on the border of East London. School was largely unproductive but enjoyable, setting me up for something of a wayward but interesting life! On leaving school I had various jobs including putting up stalls at Romford Market, working in a record shop, putting up ceilings, gardening and road sweeping. After resigning from an insurance company to play in a band, I found myself unemployed for two years. Then finally I got back on my feet and I've been a psychiatric nurse since 1997. I wrote A Cleansing of Souls when I was 22 years old and followed it up with Tollesbury Time Forever almost twenty years later. I started writing The Bird That Nobody Sees in September 2011 and it was released in July 2012. In terms of writing, my heroes are Jack Kerouac and John Steinbeck. I would also include Kris Kristofferson, Bob Dylan and Tom Waits as literary influences. So that's me I guess - scruffy, happy and in love with literary fiction, music and life...

Friday 30 December 2011

News of the Tollesbury Time Forever Website

http://www.stuartayrisbooks.co.uk/ 

I now have a website! Although it is live, I am continually having ideas on how to improve it, what to add to it etc. It is fairly basic at present but I am very happy with what is there. I am generally very happy anyway, but you know what I mean!

So far, there are six pages to it:

  • Homepage - giving the 'blurb' for Tollesbury Time Forever
  • Books - covers of Tollesbury Time Forever and A Cleansing of Souls
  • About Stuart - my views on the relative values of Communism in the Capitalist era (actually no, it's just some stuff about me...)
  • Tollesbury - some photographs of places in Tollesbury that feature in the novel
  • Contact - a little form you can fill in to send my anything you like (what you think  of the website would be good - and anything you feel needs changing)
  • Great Reads - some books that mean alot to me and links to buy them
So please take a look good people if you get a spare moment in this weird old life of ours,

Cheers!

Stu

http://www.stuartayrisbooks.co.uk/

No comments: