About Me

Tollesbury, Essex, United Kingdom
I was born in the Summer of 1969 in Dagenham, just on the border of East London. School was largely unproductive but enjoyable, setting me up for something of a wayward but interesting life! On leaving school I had various jobs including putting up stalls at Romford Market, working in a record shop, putting up ceilings, gardening and road sweeping. After resigning from an insurance company to play in a band, I found myself unemployed for two years. Then finally I got back on my feet and I've been a psychiatric nurse since 1997. I wrote A Cleansing of Souls when I was 22 years old and followed it up with Tollesbury Time Forever almost twenty years later. I started writing The Bird That Nobody Sees in September 2011 and it was released in July 2012. In terms of writing, my heroes are Jack Kerouac and John Steinbeck. I would also include Kris Kristofferson, Bob Dylan and Tom Waits as literary influences. So that's me I guess - scruffy, happy and in love with literary fiction, music and life...

Thursday, 15 March 2012

Tollesbury Time Forever Update!

The 15th of each month is when Amazon update each author with their royalty statement from the previous month. You can try and work out how many you've sold in between times but the statement is the definitive, well, statement. So here are the figures for January and February:

January

US sales -      28
UK sales -     272
Other sales - 1

Total sales - 301

February

US sales -    31
UK sales -   135

Total sales - 166

Combined Total

US sales -     59
UK sales -    407
Other sales - 1

Total sales - 467

I am obviously incredibly pleased with these figures. I took the decision in February to change the price from £0.77 to £1.53 in the UK and to $2.99 so for sales to have continued is great. As I mentioned in a previous post I fully expected a reduction in February not least because most people that knew of the book either directly or by word of mouth would, I thought, have purchased it in January. The March figures are looking really good too so I hope the trend continues!

Some of you may have noticed that I have changed the name (one of the benefits of epublishing!) of the main character to Simon Anthony. This has been done for a very good reason and confirmed to me once and for all that having full control over my work from pricing to alterations absolutely suits me and I couldn't now imagine it any other way!

Finally, A Cleansing of Souls is now out and receiving favourable reviews. It has sold 53 copies in its first three weeks which is far more than I anticipated. I'm also cracking on with The Bird That Nobody Sees (almost a third of the way through now) so all is fine at the moment in my little world!

No comments: